for; for the sake of; in order to; by way of
He is going to get material for a new book.
I could kid myself that you did this for me, but it would be a lie.
In order to transform their environment, he drew up the project with painstakingaccuracy.
They had delayed having children, for the usual reason, to establish their careers
This is a cynical manipulation of the situation for short-term political gain
I thought he was going to dump me for another girl
He had invented an imaginary son, in order to make up for his real son s failings.
I m only telling you this for your own good!
She sought the good offices of the President for the smooth passage of the Bill.
1. In order to ensure success we must have a complete and thorough plan. 以便保证 取得成功，大家务必要有一个缜密的计划。
2. In order to transform their environment, he drew up the project with painstakingaccuracy. 以便更新改造自然环境，他殚精竭虑地制订了这一计划。
3. Doctors examine their patients thoroughly in order to make a correct diagnosis.以便做出精确的确诊，医师会对患者开展完全的查验。
4. In order to maintain profit margins health and safety regulations are often put to oneside. 以便维持毛利率，常置环境卫生和安全性规章制度于不管不顾。
5. In order to take that job, you must have left another job 以便获得那份工作，你毫无疑问已辞掉了另一份工作中。
6. Their grandfather had left his village in order to escape the grinding poverty.以便摆脱贫困的难熬，她们的爷爷离开村庄。
7. My friends endured tremendous danger in order to help me 以便协助我，小伙伴们冒了巨大的风险。
8. Constant vigilance is necessary in order to avoid accidents. 以便防止意外事件，务必常常提高警惕。
9. The leather may need to be oiled every two to three weeks in order to retain itssuppleness. 以便维持皮革制品的柔韧度，很有可能两三周就需要上一次油。
10. In order to maximize profit the firm would seek to maximize output 以便得到大盈利，这个企业会把生产量升至大。
11. They are deliberately flouting the law in order to obtain an advantage over theircompetitors 她们以便和竞争者争夺主动权而当众忽视法律法规。